The NWFA is a not-for-profit trade association providing training and resources for wood flooring professionals in all segments of the wood flooring industry.
Wood flooring is an excellent addition to any home. There are limitless options of style, color, grain, and species. However not all wood flooring has the same care and considerations. Knowing what type of wood flooring works best for your home and climate is critical to ensure you invest in a floor that gives you years of service and beauty.
10 Flooring Questions to Ask
- Which type of wood floor is right for me, solid or engineered?
- Which wood species is right for me?
- Is a factory-finished floor or a site-finished floor better for me?
- My room is 400 square feet, but we’re being told to order 450 square feet of flooring. Is this really necessary?
- I’ve seen different finish sheens on wood floors; some are shiny and some are not. Which is better?
- I’m concerned about pets scratching my floors. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
- How do I keep my floors looking new?
- How long after I order my floors will it take before they are installed?
- I’ve seen instances where wood floors fade over time. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
- Installation is so expensive. Why can’t I just do it myself?
Discover more at: woodfloors.org